We put our new starters, PR Account Executive Emily Mahon and Web Developer Ryan Fletcher in the virtual hot seat to find out a bit more about them.
- Name: Emily Mahon
- Age: 25
- Job Title: PR Account Executive
- Where do you live? Galley Common, Nuneaton
- What have your first few weeks been like?
It’s been very strange starting a new job in the middle of a global pandemic, but everyone has been so welcoming and it’s been great to get stuck into the role straight away.
- Why did you choose a career in PR?
After being in education for most of my life, I really wanted to make sure I was in a job where I could pursue my passions, and one of those is writing. Being in the PR industry not only means I get to write every day, but also every day is different and that’s what makes it so exciting
- Who’s your role model?
Michelle Obama – I really admire her strong work ethic and willingness to stand up for what she believes in. I love that she isn’t ‘”just Barrack Obama’s wife” and has become an advocate for change in her own right.
- What attracted you to USG?
USG is a really creative and vibrant place to work, and having a really supportive group of people to work with is really important to me and I’ve definitely found that at USG
- What’s kept you sane through lockdown?
Definitely my friends. Despite not being able to see each other, through each lockdown we’ve been able to talk to each other much more often so I feel like it’s actually brought us closer together. And of course, numerous virtual quizzes!
- Tell us something your colleagues don’t know about you?
I’m among the 10-20% of the world’s population who can wriggle their ears!
- Name: Ryan Fletcher
- Age: 24
- Job Title: Web Developer
- Where do you live? Nottingham
- What do you enjoy about your job?
I love creating things from nothing (and debugging!)
- What does your job involve?
My job involves managing websites for clients and creating new projects from scratch.
- Do you have any previous experience in this industry, if so, doing what and where?
I’ve been a Front-End Developer for a while but this is my first time as part of a team.
- What made you take this route?
Whilst studying computer science I fell in love with web and front-end development so decided to pursue it.
- What do you like about USG?
I love being part of the USdigital team, they were all so welcoming and have made starting so easy.
- What do you do in your spare time?
I love traveling (when I can!), rock climbing and video games.